Wednesday, June 11, 2008

FEEEEED MEEEEEEE!


Well, there's no two ways about it, my boy now loves to eat. He has shot up from the usual 15th percentile in weight to the 40th. And I have a feeling that number is going to continue to climb. The funny thing that he does now is he screams when he sees the spoon or bottle coming near his mouth. There are two different types of screams. One scream sounds like John Mcenroe when he's playing tennis. It's a long, loud, deep grunt. Maybe an angry cavemen would be a better analogy. The other sounds like someone might scream when going down a steep hill on a roller coaster. A loud scream of fear, anticipation, and excitement. Eyes are wide open and arms are flailing.
The other morning I had him in bed with me which sits up against the wall. He wanted to eat and I guess he was too famished to cry. So I woke up to the sound of him ferociously licking the wall. And I mean my little monster was going to town on this wall. I hadn't seen this much excitement over a wall licking since Willy Wonka. Too bad there are no snozberries that taste like snozberries. I do think the paint is some sort of Coffee color. Maybe that's what he was enjoying (he is,after all, Allan's son). Anyway, I'm just grateful they quit making paint with lead.
So now mealtime is much more pleasant (and entertaining). Gone are the long hours trying to simply get four ounces of nutrition in him. He loves his food and I know that if I run out of baby food or formula I can simply place him in front of the wall for a delectable feast.

1 comment:

The Terrell Tribe said...

That's very funny - From Noah McKinney Terrell