Monday, July 9, 2012

Happy 11 months!

My little man turned 11 months today! And how did he commemorate the event? Why he showed us that he could crawl! I think he has been able to do this for some time now and just decided to save it for the big day. I'm hoping he knows how to sleep through the night and is waiting for his 1st birthday to reveal it to me. Love him. I have just soaked up every single second with him. Every diaper, every milestone, every night awakening, every hug and kiss by his siblings. He pulled up for the first time about a month ago. He only cruised once...a very tiny bit. He mimicks a lot. Started with waving bye bye, then "Oh No!", then blowing kisses, peek a boo, and tilting the head. Yep. We go through these things about 500 times a day...in public, at gradparents, at mealtimes. Never tires. His brother and sister started VBS today. This is the first time in 5 yrs I haven't helped out. Sad about that. Sophia was so excited (I feel like I print these words more than any other), Ethan was...o.k with it, until we got into the worship rally...where it was dark, and every single seat was filled with screaming children. Then he looked at me and his bottom lip shot out and tears fell from his eyes, and my heart sank. I sat with him in the back and followed him to his first rotation. A teacher picked him up and he was fine after a while. I talked to him after that and he said he wanted to stay. He ended up having a good time except they played boring games. Grandpa made it up to him by throwing him the ball. He hit it a few times (always lifting and stepping on his foot first) and ran the bases (he didn't use a tee). Love him. Love Sophia, who, btw, has gotten into the habit of sitting with us late at night after the boys have gone to sleep. We usually watch Bob Newhart but it's off the air for the summer. Last week we started watching Andy Griffith. She loves it and that makes me happy as I have such fond memories of watching it growing up, especially at Grandma's.

No comments: